[AT] New toy

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Sep 3 18:46:25 PDT 2005

On 3 Sep 2005 at 15:55, David Myers wrote:

> I really don't think it could be near as hard to run
> as the Sears Handiman.  900lbs of walking tractor (it
> has and needs steering brakes) will make a man out of
> you, you just need to start as an elephant!
> Dave

	I still have the 1947 David Bradley that my father bought new. I did most of the garden
cultivating and a lot of odd lot mowing with that tractor. Since it was too early to have
a reverse it was a killer to pull backward especially for a kid. Son Scott restored it
for a 4-H project, gee, I guess almost 20 years ago. It has been inside but still needs
to be painted again. Maybe next year...
	The fellow that we rented a farm from was having trouble keeping a garden due to racoons
so he "borrowed" space from us near our house. He furnished a nice little two wheel
Choremaster and I thought it was great. I could handle it much easier. My Gravelys would
be a bear if they did not have a reverse since they are quite heavy.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA