OT - [AT] Gasoline $ another view

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 2 09:46:11 PDT 2005

Isn't home heating oil basically #1 diesel? I thought it was. If so
that's what they blend with #2 diesel so it doesn't gel in the winter
months. So....if it is he shouldn't need the kerosene.

Do they die the home heating oil? Here they die the "off-road" fuels so
people don't run them in their vehicles. If you're caught with that in
a on-road vehicle I've heard the fine is REALLY steep.

Just an fyi.

Brad

On Sep 2, 2005, at 10:08 AM, LeRoy Price III wrote:

> Rob,
>
> We were just talking yesterday at lunch about VW diesels.  One of the
> guys was using some old Mecedes 300 diesels to drive to work in.  Now
> get this, he's using home heating oil.  Apparently, he has gas heat
> for the house and put a 300 gallon heating oil container outside.  As
> far as anyone knows he's converted to oil.  During the winter he said
> he mixes in Kerosine.  Anyway, he said that the VWs get close to 50
> miles to the gallon.  That true?
>
> Hey, how about those land prices.  Three years ago I could get 2 acres
> around me for $42,000 or so.  Today I see 1 1/2 lots going bewteen
> $90,000 and $115,000.  How the hell do people afford it?
>
> I watched a show the other night which was about what you could get
> for $400,000 in various cities for living quarters.  LA apartments for
> downtown at that price and 750 sq ft.  Good grief, where does it end.
>
> LeRoy

Brad Gunnells                         |                    #
University of Iowa                    |                    ||
Information Technology Services       |       I_    ___ at ___||_____
Campus Services/ITC Technical Support |   |__ I  \ |Allis Chalmers|
Iowa City IA 52242                    |   ___\___  \ \          WC|
(319)335-5524   FAX (319)335-5505     |   * * *___|__\__________   -|
mailto:brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu        |  *     *----------------\___|
                                       | *   @   *                oo
Interested in almost anything         |  *     *                o  o
besides work!  ;^)                    |   * * *                  oo

     Web Space:  http://www.southslope.net/~gunnells/