[AT] Canola

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Fri Sep 2 07:23:56 PDT 2005

Not a dumb question at all! Flaming is a technique of using propane to burn
off the weeds that emerge before the crop does. Plant the crop - in this
case a variety of lettuce, beans, squash and beets, irrigate and keep things
moist until the new crop plants are able to survive. One or two days prior
to emergence of the crop plants, then use a giant tractor mounted flaming
device to literally fry the baby weed plants before the crop also gets
fried. To mitigate the drying effects of the flaming, then irrigate again
before emergence of the crop.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California