[AT] Gasoline $

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 19:01:15 PDT 2005

--- Dudley Rupert <drupert at premier1.net> wrote:

> Since the first of the summer I've bought 27 cans of
> gas and 4 cans of
> diesel to run my hobby tractors ... I think I may
> have to permanently park
> them and start looking for a hybrid antique tractor.

Dudley, get a steamer, you can feed it old wood
(renewable resource).  Only one or two trifling little
details, ya just gotta love to WORK on things
(constantly), it takes a bigger truck to get to the
shows, no electric start option (takes 'bout an hour
or so to "crank it up"), and they're kinda hot and
dirty, etc.
On the plus side, no pump gas or diesel, and by
diggity if they aren't just the ultimate Tim Taylor of
tractors! <VBG>
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love all tractors and
believe me, it sure is nice to run around the shows or
go on a cruise with the I-4.  Wouldn't give up the
'normal' tractors on a bet.

Dave