[AT] A biting problem...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Sep 28 20:51:22 PDT 2005

	I was out bush-hogging some lanes today with my Super M
Farmall and spotted an old blue van going very slowly past
the farm. It was not the kind of shiny late model vehicle I
am used to seeing "lot shopping" several times a month so I
watched it a little. It kept going so I forgot about it. A
little later as I was putting the tractor back in the shed
down the road I spotted it again moving very slowly down
the road. I walked back toward the house and when I got
near it the passenger got out and was walking back and
forth on the road like he was looking for something. As I
got to the van I asked the driver if they had lost a piece.
The driver said "he sure did"... About then the passenger
walked up and said "I wost my teef" and flashed a big gummy
smile. He said that he had been riding his bike and hit a
rough spot of pavement at the intersection by my barn lot
drive entry. He said that he had his teeth (don't ask me
why) in a basket on the back and when he got where he was
going (18 miles east) he found that they were gone. He had
found his "lowers" at the side of the road down almost in
front of my house but could not find the "uppers". He gave
me his address and name and I promised to keep an eye out
for them. Where he lives is not a location where well off
people live and the loss may be quite costly for him. I
looked a bit but he had already searched that area well.
There are a lot of places where a set of uppers can hide in
18 miles of road...

--
"farmer"
Hewick Midwest