[Farmall] Now cc 682

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 20 14:03:47 PDT 2005

Should be a KT17 engine. They used to be too expensive to pay a dealer to
rebuild--cheaper to go with a short block or new engine. They were very
prone to the needle valve sticking and letting the carb flood which resulted
in flooding the engine with gas. If you didn't check the oil every time
before you used it, you stood a good chance of blowing it. The dealer dad
worked for had one guy that smelt the gas on the dipstick twice so he was
fortunate enough to save his engine. They had a few other customers that
weren't so lucky. Other than this they were great engines.

John Hall