[Ford-ferguson] 8N Brake Lock

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Tue Sep 13 12:24:29 PDT 2005

Howdy folks:

I am a bit embarrased to admit it's been a few years since I
sold my 8N, and I can't seem to recall how the brake lock
was set up.  Call it a parking brake, brake pawl, whatever,
I think you know what I mean.  Was it on the pedal, on the
brake actuating rod, on the backing plate... ???  I am
trying to help a friend long-distance with his 8N.  He's not
sure if his brake locks are present or where he should be
looking.  Any help greatly appreciated.  A picture (via
private email) would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance,
Steve O.