[AJD] stressed axles

Richard E. Garrett rgarrett at evansville.net
Mon Sep 5 16:29:32 PDT 2005

I had the good fortinue of visiting the HALF CENTURY OF PROGRESS SHOW
AT Rantoul, Ill. Last Sat. I saw a 226 picker mounted on a 40's "A" .
Also a 720 with a 237 picker. Both tractors had their wheels  with
about an inch of the hub hanging over the end of the axle. That is
about as wide as you can go.
I believe I enjoyed this show more than any I have been to. Even the
expos. I sure like to see those tractors work!!
It was held on the old Chunute AFB. I was stationed there in 1962. I
can remember laying in the barricks at night and hearing two cylinders
runing on the other side of US45.
Richard

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Kreig wrote...