[AT] Gasoline $ another view

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:10:56 PDT 2005

>Why do any of us have to commute long distances?  Because of poor choices
>we made about where we live or work... that isn't the fault of our fuel
>supplier, nor should it be the responsibility of the taxpayer to give us
>relief.>

George,

Regarding your comment above.

I have a 45 mile commute one way from PA to NJ.  I personally couldn't
afford to move to NJ just to have a shorter commute.  Houses are just to
expensive and taxes to high.  Its a choice that I had to make to afford
something decent.

With that said, I wonder why the governement gave up on trying to get
employers to require telecommuting?  Personally, I don't need to be at work
to do my job.  I have support what I have from my home however I'm not
allowed to telecommute for anything more then 2 days a month.  Basically,
the problem is the emploers don't trust peolple and want them there.  Of
course sometimes you have to be there for meetings and such but
telecommuting could get people off the road.  We can off shore things
without any issue but not let an employee telecommute, give me a break.

Second, poor public transportation.  If I could grab a train to get to work
I'd do it but there is nothing here or very little.  Where are the policies
to provide better public transportation like Europe?

Of course I do drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee at 17 mpg and probably the wrong
choice.  But we do need more hybrids and I'll probably buy one next time
around, this ain't going to get any better.  Wonder what Dodge and Chysler
are going to do with all of those Hemi's?

LeRoy