[Farmall] Steering wheel repair

Ed crest25 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 26 19:23:52 PDT 2005

Like I said, eBay has about 25 or 30 new ones. Why mess with trying to repair and be disappointed with your results experimenting when you can have a brand new one? Below is just one sample. They usually sell for around $35 and they are always there.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Steering-Wheel-IHC-Farmall-Tractors-H-M-C-More_W0QQitemZ7557237256QQcategoryZ63964QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Ed

"Gary Hayes in Bouse, AZ" <naagary at yahoo.com> wrote:
I have had bad luck with plasti dip except for
improving the grip on some tools. It is not strong
enough nor does it take the direct sun here in Arizona

by the way I use a modified pitman arm puller from
Harbor Freight to pull the wheels. once modified by
grinding the gap to the correct side to work with the
shaft most IH and Ford Steering wheels are a snap.
Heat and whatever rust formula may be necessary.

NAAGARY