[Farmall] Steering wheel repair

Gary Hayes in Bouse, AZ naagary at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 10:57:51 PDT 2005

I have had bad luck with plasti dip except for
improving the grip on some tools. It is not strong
enough nor does it take the direct sun here in Arizona

by the way I use a modified pitman arm puller from
Harbor Freight to pull the wheels. once modified by
grinding the gap to the correct side to work with the
shaft most IH and Ford Steering wheels are a snap.
Heat and whatever rust formula may be necessary.

NAAGARY

--- "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett at centurytel.net>
wrote:

> it isn't a perfect repair, but I used a product
> called plasti dip on my
> cub steering wheels, filled in minor cracks and gave
> a good coating.  It
> is sold by most hardware stores for coating tool
> handles.

Gary Hayes

naagary at yahoo.com  showcard at rraz.com

aka RUSTFARM - in Bouse, AZ