[AJD] JD price list for 1939 & 1940???

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Oct 23 14:22:27 PDT 2005

I'm writing an article our local 2 cylinder clubs November newsletter and I
am hoping someone might have a JD price list for 1939 and 1940 JD B's. I'm
focusing the article on the Slant Dash versions of these B's. If someone
could help me with the base price of the 1939 and 1940 B's and the Electric
starting, Electric lights or Both option prices I sure would appreciate it.
JR has mentioned that JD offered a kit to upgrade these B's from hand start
to electric start but I have never seen any documentation or prices for that
kit either.

As I recall from previous discussions here on the list, the first JD Repair
Catalog that mentions these options on the 1939 B was published in early
spring of 1939 so these options may not have been available on the early 39
models made in 1938 or even into very early 1939.

Any info will be appreciated.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!