[Farmall] H oil filter problems

kbecker kbecke6 at cox.net
Thu Oct 20 15:31:54 PDT 2005

Thanks for the replies...  I appreciate all the help.
If you want to see what is installed I threw up a quick page with a few
pictures.

http://members.cox.net/kbecke6/

I kept the spring the only thing I threw out was the filter.
Have an extra can (it has some stripped threads I need to repair)
I like this unknown as the lid is on the top and it is about twice the size
of the tall original which means more filtering.
On a 65 year old tractor I figure the more filtering the better
I will clean it up see if I can find a filter to fit later.
I found the IH part number for a spin on adapter today.
Went by my local IH dealer they can get me one by tomorrow.
Appearances are not the major concern for now, maby later.
Heck if I paint the spin on red no one will probably notice anyway.

Spin on adapter - IH part number 538828R91  $60.37
Filter with the IH part Number      538836R1.   $6.44

spin on filter #'s that should fit
Fleet guard-f3308,Fram-p3317,IH-538836R1,Wix-51051,Baldwin-BT341

Thanks
Kenneth