[Steam-engine] Phosphoric acid

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Oct 18 06:50:29 PDT 2005

  Howdy all;
 For one reason or another I can't search the archives.

  Question please:

  What percentage by volume, phosphoric acid, should I use to clean the
inside of the boiler?

  We moved it down next to the shed yesterday, thread chased all the holes ,
installed pipe plugs. and filled her up.

  Getting a lot of rust scale out the drain. Haven't removed the handholes
yet but will as soon as the drain water clears up a bit.

  I also used the propane torpedo to heat it up a bit thru the flue tubes
and will repeat that with the acid treatment...then neutralize.

  Measurements will be forthcoming.

  Thanks for all the previous help!!!..kinda cool sitting back and watching
the heat waves roll out the top:-))

  Sincerely
RickinMt.