[Farmall] super c

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Wed Oct 12 07:49:37 PDT 2005

It would only be out of line if he WANTS a Farmall super c

You are certainly correct that the Cub was designed for small farms and for
a one bottom plow.  The C for a two bottom plow.

Perhaps his friend has a 154. I had a Cub Low Boy 154  I was never happy
with it but it was not the same design as the older Cubs.  It always
bothered me that the tractor from the steering wheel forward to the front
end would twist when plowing snow.  I tried it once with out the hood and
the fan hit the fan shroud.  It turns out that the hood was
structural.  From what I have seen of the older Cubs, they are a whole
different tractor and up to the job.

Frank

At 12:00 PM 10/11/2005, you wrote:
>From: Red Mist <heavy_varmint at yahoo.com>
>
> > I am planning to farm a small strip of my property
> > that is about 100 ft wide by 1000 ft long. I want to
> > plant some large gardens maybe 50 ft by 100 ft some
> > corn some potato etc. My neighbor has also offered me
> > some planting room in an unused adjacent hayfield.
> > My friend had a cub he tried using on a similar plot
> > but it was too much for it. I have been told that a
> > super c would be perfect in this role but that the H
> > would maybe be too much. I would like to know if the c
> > would fit in my garage because I dont think the H will
> > fit. If anyone has some input I would appreciate
> > the feedback.
>
>Would it be out of line for me to point out that many
>farmers in the late 40's and 50's farmed their entire
>operation with a single Cub?
>
>Steve O.

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web   http://www.lbpinc.com