[Farmall] super c

Dan Glass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Wed Oct 12 10:41:47 PDT 2005

My two cents worth.  I have two cubs, a cub lowboy, two super c's, two
230's, an H, and a bunch of others. The cute factor on the cub is much
higher than any of the others, for what thats worth.  Can you farm 1000
acres with a cub, i guess if you have the time.  The C type tractor is
two row and if you garden is only 50x100 you won't get to spend near as
much time in the tractor seat.  If you are pulling a potato plow, I
would much rather have a C type. A cub will fit in your garage better
than a C type with long axles.  If you are going to bale square bales, I
would rather have a C type.  From a money standpoint, here cubs sell for
about three times the price of a C.  Would I rather have three C's
instead of one cub, you bet.  I have bought very good 230 Farmalls in
the under $500 range.  You can then afford a tractor for each implement,
so you spend you time working instead of changing implements.  I have
used the cub for cultivating in a small garden and used them for
drilling vegetables with a planet jr. and they are good fun tractors.
If you are going to get a rotary tiller, don't get a cub, the pto is too
fast and it would really strain the tractor.  The C works good for bush
hogging, the H works better. If I could only have one tractor.  I would
get a 230 Farmall.  They are newer and even cheaper than C's or Super
C.  Alot of parts are interchangeable and have slightly more horsepower
than its predecessors.  The 240 is also nice, but it is restyled and a
good one usually brings more money also.   I am sure that whatever you
get will be the right one for you and will do the job.