[Steam-engine] sand blasting a boiler

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Oct 11 05:34:44 PDT 2005

I couldn't fathom the reason for not sandblasting neither..possibly cause
one doesn't have to after the boiler has been fired a few times and the rust
can easily be removed with a brush and protective coating applied...just a
guess tho.
  Sandblasting with fine media usually brings out stamping, logo's and other
casting marks so this is why I wanted to do it.  So far I see none.
  I just read where steam can be used to clean flues as opposed to rodding
it out...it's very old book....and they like the lap seams over butt strap
:-))

  Charlie, this boiler is bare naked..doesn't even have a door, but it's a
48 tuber.  has the proper holes in it as far as I can tell.

  Well enuf fer now

Thanks gang
RickinMt.