[Steam-engine] New guy's sugestion

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 17:46:56 PDT 2005

Eric,

I thought that you dropped from the face of the earth! I still haven't
touched that vertical bottle engine since you dropped it off to me, actually
I sold it but the buyer hasn't picked it up and I am considering buying it
back. We saved an Ingersoll Rand Imperial Type 10 compressor last winter and
hopefully a nice little Ames uniflow up in New York.

We have half of the mighty Tod Engine moved to her new home, and am waiting
for the riggers to find time to move the rest of the pieces.  We just
recieved a nice 5k check in the mail yesterday that will pay half of the
rigging costs.

Its quite comical to read about Jim fretting about a measley 31 yards of
concrete.   Geez we'll probably use that much here in the sidewalks!  What
is 3' x 30' x 50'? :-)  Lots of money.

I've assumed the role of US editor for the International Stationary Steam
Engine Society from Bob Lindquist.  So if you have any updates on your
engines let me know and we'll put together an article.

Good to see that you are still alive and kicking.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799
www.todengine.org

William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark