[AT] gravely sickle mower

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Oct 4 14:27:33 PDT 2005

Farmer,

I was thinking the other night about changes brought on by high gas prices.
In this area, and I guess in most places, there are some poor old fellows
who go around from farm to farm and business to businees in old broken down
pickups pulling old broken down trailer.  They are looking for scrap metal
that they will haul off for free and sell for what the junk man will pay
them.  I figure most of them can't get over about 2000 lbs on their old junk
trucks and trailers on a good day.   The junk man is paying about 1 to 2
cents a pound for that kind of mixed scrap.  That is 20 to 40 dollars a
load.
There are usually two guys in the truck and they usually come from 10 to 25
miles out in the country in a truck that probably doesn't get over 10 mpg.

I think they are out of business!

Charlie