[AT] Visiting ATIS members during 9/18 trip

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Oct 2 07:17:07 PDT 2005

On 2 Oct 2005 at 0:53, Rob Wilson wrote:

> Herb,
>  This has happened to me on our WD45 a couple times and I
>  too
> took the starter out and cleaned it oil it and put it
back
> in and it worked great. The next time I knew it wasn't
> because of the lack of lube it was because of the low
> battery. The A-C tractors seem to be pretty picky on
having
> a good battery charged up. The next time it happens and
it
> will do as George said and put it in high gear and rock
it
> backwards and it will pop right out. I tried everything
but
> the only thing that worked was rocking backwards. Rob

	My Farmall Super M does that about 2 or 3 times a year.
Usually when it has a low battery from sitting or when I
fail to give a solid tug on the starter rod and it just
barely makes contact. I can rarely rock it backward since
it has a loader on it all of the time and most of the time
a three point implement. I have long carried a yard sale
9/16" combination wrench in its tool box to loosen the
starter enough for it to drop out.
	I also carry an old yard sale 9/16" combination wrench in
my Farmall Super MTA tool box but that one is used to
change over the lever on the bottom that operates the live
PTO "seasonal disconnect".
	Since my tractors mostly sit in the buildings down the
road I do not leave many tools on the tractors...   :-)

--
"farmer"
Hewick Midwest

Try my "Cheap Computer" email list at: