[AT] Fw: Ford 8n TRY#3 with the right email address this time

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 30 06:54:09 PST 2005

There has been a front end loader for an 8N for sale at
www.lancasterfarming.com (in the Mailbox Markets section - do a search
for "loader") for at least 6 months with no takers. I agree with Chuck
that everything I have heard about 8Ns and loaders is that they are very
hard to steer and cause a LOT of extra wear/damage to the steering
components.

And I agree that the price seems quite high. That sounds like a $2000
tractor (when it can be started and you can hear it running with no
smoke/noises) and maybe another $1000 for the implements (if they are in
very good condition  - check out the gearboxes/bearings on the mowers!)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel, theology professor (1907-1972)