[Farmall] Farmall H

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 17:39:29 PST 2005

    The soil type and plant cover make all the difference in the world
when plowing. While breaking up some 10 year soil bank land on our farm
back in the 60's I could bring the M to its knees pulling 2-16's. We
also had a Farmall H, but my Dad purchased the M to break the ground up
because he knew we would tear the H apart with that job.
    However, each year the Humboldt Threshing Days about 12 miles up the
road allows us to plow up the wheat field used as a source of bundles
for threshing. My '51 Super C can pull a Little Genius 2-14's and plow
as deep and pretty as much larger tractors and plows.
    Art