[Farmall] Farmall H

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 29 16:53:04 PST 2005

James, I don't know whether you intend a loader or a blade, but either
way you will need quite a bit of weight on the rear.  also don't forget
that unless it is a super H with the live hydralic kit, the lift will
only work when the clutch is up.  I spent many years on an H, and still
like driving them, but it would not be my choice of a snow plow
tractor.  pretty tall and slow for that type of job.  plus if you are
using a loader they were not available with power steering.

James Moran wrote:

>So anyway...should I buy the $1200 H or leave it alone. I won't be plowing anything but snow with it. 8-).
>  JM
>
>"E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett at centurytel.net> wrote:  I also grew up on a farm using H tractors.  One had the high compression
>kit, 3 sets of wheel weights, plus fluid in the rear tires.  we pulled 2
>16s with it in the Mo. clay and sod.  the other had the standard engine,
>one set of weights, and no fluid.  We pulled 2 14s with it.
>
>CDHORN at aol.com wrote:
>

>>I grew up on an H pulling a 2-16 bottom plow. I had to use 2nd or 3rd gear
>>depending on the soil.  If I dropped it into virgin slough bottom, it  would
>>need to go to low, but then there was a lot of wheel slippage.  I  think rating
>>it as a 3 bottom is a little optimistic unless you are using  it in sandy
>>soil.
>>
>>Clark
>>F-20

 John