[Farmall] 706 and diesel oil missed.(long)

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Nov 29 12:50:16 PST 2005

When I was younger, I spent a few summers helping my dad's friend doing
logging. He would leave his equipment in the woods at the end of the day
because driving all the trucks, mules, and other equipment back to the
house would take time and eat into his work day (not to mention that it all
had to be driven back in the morning). Every morning we took more gas then
what was required because we knew  that the local kids would "borrow" some
gas during the night. He even tried hiding the equipment in the woods away
from the logging roads, driving deep into the trees. But equipment with
eight foot diameter wheels leave a pretty good trail. He eventually decided
to start buying equipment that ran on diesel, since it was more cost
efficient, and he wouldn't have to worry about the borrowing. That was a
mistake. When the kids tried to borrow fuel from any of the diesels, they
would realize what he had done. To show their unhappiness with the whole
thing, they would throw the fuel caps away, cut the fuel lines, put sand in
the tank, etc. He quickly decided to go back to gas. Only he made sure
there wasn't much left in the tank at the end of day.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.