[Farmall] 706 and diesel oil missed.(long)

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 11:12:52 PST 2005

Many years ago I owned an electronics rep company  (tv, video, etc.).  One of the lines that I carried was a very  (and I mean VERY) cheap assortment of boxes used to store tapes.   One of my reps came in contact with a company which exported to  South/Central America.  This outfit started placing huge orders  for this product line...so large, in fact, that the orders consituted  full container loads (e.g, 40 footers).  None of us could believe  that there was THAT much audio/video tape activity, but we were not  turning down the biz and the credit was good as gold.
  Anyway, it finally was determined by the authorities and reported back  to us that the good people south of us could not care less about the  CONTENTS of the container.  You guessed it...all they really  wanted was the container itself which were  converted into housing  for the less fortunate.
  The orders stopped coming, by the way.  We missed that revenue.
  JM

szabelsk at gdls.com wrote:  Ever figure out what he was doing with all the cans?? Maybe selling them to
buy more gas?!?!?!?!

Carl Szabelski

This  is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended  recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on  it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please  return this message to the sender and delete the message and any  attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.