[AT] Some ads from the 11/26 Lancaster Farming

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Nov 29 02:31:06 PST 2005

On 29 Nov 2005 at 3:59, DAVID BRUCE wrote:

> In my youth I drove a number of Fords (8N and 600 series) and I never had
> a problem steering - in fact I always thought they were easy to drive (no
> PS on any) so if you have hard steering problems without
a loader I would
> think something is amiss.
>
> David

	Usually if those are hard to steer and everything is well
lubed it is because the center section of the front axle
has become bent at the center eye. That is usually from
past use of a loader, front blade (they used to make some
monster front blades for those) or a too big hay sweep
rake.
	You can see a couple of those heavy implements on this
page:
http://www.geocities.com/athens/thebes/4960/ford9n.html
	I made that page long ago so it is slow and you have to
scroll around a bit. Check out that "Vee" plow and that
winch. Can you say "little tractor overload"?   :-)

--
"farmer"
Living at Hewick Midwest

Sometimes we have to work at it a little but if we
are all going to age well we must indeed work at keeping a
positive attitude. We might as well go out in overdrive and
with the pedal to the metal because this thing called life
"don't got no reverse"...  There is no sense wasting
a lot of time trying to find one...
(FJR 2005)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA