[Farmall] 706 and diesel oil missed.(long)

Roberto Rivero rj.rivero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:04:58 PST 2005

Couple of weeks ago i went with the Roosa Master of my 706 and injectors in
order to repair them.
When i put the pump and injectors in the tractor again all went ok until one
day later, when i found all the diesel oil in the carter of the tractor, of
course i did not post any question about in the list because the answer
seemed to be ovious, and then in the shop they gave me another couple of oil
seal for the drive shaft and some advice about how to instale the pump.
Then there was not more problem,but i left the tractor with more or less 30
lits diesel in the tank and one week later when i came back to the farm
there was not diesel in the tank, but the oil level was normal...and  nobody
used the tractor because i took one rear wheel out for reparation.   I thoug
may be i was wrong about the amount of diesel i suposed the tractor had.

So i put 60 ltrs diesel again, put the  rear wheel repared and used the
tractor almost trhee hours mowing grass.
 Then i left the tractor in the barn, and the 22-36 in front it,  so the
706 could not be used.  The next week when i came again, there were not
diesel oil in the tank, oil level normal etc.
Of course nobody had driven the tractor,  In that moment i was ready to post
the problem in this list looking for some advise,
 But one more time i put some diesel oil because i like driving that 706,
 and left it with some diesel in the tank, and then one night my mother felt
some noise in the barn,  and went to inspect with another employee we have,
 and they found an ex machinist we had,  with a long tube taking the diesel
oil out of the tractor and putting it in plastics cans may be to use it in
his own vehicle.
 Ok this time i didnot need the advise of the list about how to solve the
problem, The Sheriff of our area did it, but as this topic is about an IH i
decided to post it any way.
May be this help somebody in the future.

   good  luck

--
Ing. Civil Roberto Rivero
Montevideo Uruguay South Am.