[AT] Spencer's 2nd book?

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 27 03:20:27 PST 2005

Sorry for cross postings . . .

Good morning all,
Yesterday I was out shopping on Black Saturday (I'm just doing my part and
being a good American and keeping the economy going right?) and I went to
the Tractor Supply Store.  You know who they are right?  It is like the
chain Walmart type store for Farmers and tractor lovers.  Well anyway, I was
shopping around in the book section, and saw "The Antique Tractor Bible," by
Spencer Yost (Our gracious ATIS host), and it got me to thinking,  I wonder
if they have the second book that Spencer wrote, and I couldn't remember the
title.  They were useless at the service counter for looking it up in the
computer, so I am asking you folks if you know the name.  I know, I know, I
could probably just go to ATIS and find it, but I wanted to reach out and
touch some other tractor users this morning, even if it is only
electronically.

By the way, I got the JD 70 fired up on Friday and mounted a backblade on
the 3pt.  Plowed the 5-8 inches of snow off the driveway and the field lane
in prep for the hunters coming to hunt on Monday morning.  Some of the
hunters were down in the shed (setting up their camp next to the shed) when
I started it, and they couldn't believe that at 27 degrees, it fired right
up.  I said wait till February, it isn't as easy to start when it is 20
below.  Good thing deer season will be over by then ;-)

And if anyone cares, that same JD70 that I plowed snow with, has a few
pictures of it in Spencer's first book, which I just call "The Bible."  I
enjoy reading that book, and every once in a while, pull it out again, just
to review it one more time. If you don't have it, you should ask for it in
your stocking, because I recommend it to everybody on this list.

Thanks, and wish me luck on the big buck tomorrow morning, as well as all
the other guys on my land that are helping me to thin the herd!   Good luck
to you as well, if you are heading out, and hope you all are safe out there
as well.

Organically Yours, Troy Bogdan
Pure Earth Organic Farm
www.pureearthorganic.com