[Farmall] Timing setting on Cub

ZIMMY833 at aol.com ZIMMY833 at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 13:58:59 PST 2005

I have a 1952 Cub with a magneto system that "snaps" the rotor cap past the
plug wire pickup. I had to remove the governor to repair it and the
positioning  is all messed up. The engine fires but it backfires and will not run,
telling me  the timing is definitely off. Any suggestions or procedure on how to
set the  timing correctly. I brought the cylinder closest to the radiator to TDC
and the  rotor cap is at approximately an 8 o'clock position in the
distributor  cap.  HELP PLEASE!