[AT] RE: JD Lawn Tractors

Ernie Thackeray cchopper at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 23 13:00:10 PST 2005

Every one has a right to their own beliefs on what is good equipment and
what is not.

But to clarify some production issues on some John Deere equipment.
John Deere entered the lower cost - economy lines of lawn and garden
equipment originally to compete with Sears.  This started out with the
STX's and Sabre lines.  Presently we have the L100 series and yes it is
sold at other locations than a John Deere dealer.  This series is made
in a John Deere facility.

I hope this clarifies some of the wild thoughts of MTD making John Deere
lawn tractors or lawn and garden tractors.

Thanks
Ernie, yes I'm a John Deere Company employee