JD Lawn Tractors (was Re: [AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop etc.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 23 05:52:59 PST 2005

I can understand the dealers' reasoning behind selling both lines, but
there will be problems related to dealing with unhappy customers who end
up being unhappy with machines that don't represent the JD quality they
thought they were getting. And those unhappy customers are not going to
want to hear the story about the two different product lines. As I
mentioned, JD's reputation for quality products is going to suffer from
this strategy - it may improve the short term bottom line, but I don't
believe it will be good for the company's long term health.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The most certain test by which we can judge whether a country is really
free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities. -Lord Acton (John
Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (1834-1902)