[AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop etc.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 21 16:57:02 PST 2005

Its true that most of the Co-op machinery was actually Cockshutt with orange
paint and different decals. My Cockshutt 40  and 50 for example were
marketed by Co-op as the E4 and E5. I've got a few spare hoods here and at
least one has the Co-op decal. Same treatment was applied to the combines in
the 1950s. Cockshutts with orange paint. For a visual comparison check out
one of my favourite harvest lineup photos from the old days.
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums//index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=16
879

I'm pretty sure there was another line of Co-op tractors though in the late
40s. Had a Chrysler flathead six as I recall. In fact I'm pretty sure I have
a picture of it here somewhere.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/