[Farmall] Images of Jim Moran's McCormick Deering 10-20, etc.

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 08:03:52 PST 2005

Mr. Becker, et. al.-
  When the initial "year naming" effort was undertaken, the tractor (M/D  10-20) was underneath the destroyed shed, the event of  which I  throughly described.  Due to that situation, the lighting was poor  and Charlie did his best to capture a digital image of the tag along  with other "view".  I thought that, under the circumstances, he  did very well.
  As far as "reporting" that it is a 1925 vintage, perhaps I  misunderstood or did not correctly recollect what was communicated back  to me after Charlie and Mike Sloane did their research.  Is it a  1925, a 1926, a 1929....I don't know and frankly, do not really care  all that much.  While this old relic is of some nostalgic interest  to me, it is anything but an obsession.
  When I get the time, I will revisit the tractor and try to clean off  the serial number so that I can be as accurate as possible as to  whether it is a "1" or a "4", or some other number between 1 and  9.  When I do this, I will send the information to Charlie for a  "once and for all" determination.
  Better than, I can't do.  As I have repeated stated, anyone who is  interested may feel free to come a see for themselves.  I don't  own a digital camera, so please don't ask for additional images.   I must rely on others with such equipment to make the pictures and post  them.
  JM

Jim Becker <jim.becker at verizon.net> wrote:  These 2 observations taken together might suggest that a new manifold was
installed some time after 1929.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net