[Farmall] Images of Jim Moran's McCormick Deering 10-20, etc.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Nov 18 15:49:58 PST 2005

Here is the image of the data plate on the tractor. Charlie and I make
this to be KC-146512 which is 1929 in Guy Fay's data book.

You can see it here:

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/jim_morans_discoveries/s_100_2735.html>

I am not sure that, in historic terms, it makes all that much difference
whether it is 1925 or 1929, unless you need to obtain a part that is
specific to one year or another. Either way, it is a Very Old machine in
surprisingly good shape. If you look at the image taken from the back,
you can see two head gaskets sitting behind the operator's seat,
suggesting that they may have had a problem with a warped or cracked
head and tried to see if replacing the head gasket would help. Or maybe
it means something entirely different, like a "recent" valve job. :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The most certain test by which we can judge whether a country is really
free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities. -Lord Acton (John
Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (1834-1902)