[Farmall] -Removing Cub Oil pressure Gauge

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Sat Nov 12 09:04:05 PST 2005

Thanks for the responses. I looked to see if it would screw out using an
allen wrench from inside the filter housing, no dice. The outer ring of the
gauge is already loose from when I tried to turn the gauge out by hand, so
I guess any seal is probably already broken. I plan to replace the glass
and clean up the face of the dial as best as I can. 'I'll use the jewelers
screwdriver idea to perform the disassembly. I have a very small pair of
channels locks, about 4 inches long and about an eighth of on inch thick,
that I was planning on using with a piece of rubber over the threads. Just
didn't want to jump into it and risk any further damage, only to find out
later that there was a easy way of getting it out. The engine block is in
the shop to have some welding done on it, so I can't work pursue the effort
at this time. When I get it back on Monday I'll take a second look at the
back of the gauge, but I don't think there are any flat spots.

Thanks again for the responses.
Carl Szabelski

             "H. Fry"
             <bald at tds.net>
             farmall-bounces at l         "Farmall/IHC mailing list"
             ists.antique-trac         <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>
             tor.com                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/12/2005 11:28          RE: [Farmall] (no subject)
             AM

             Please respond to
                Farmall/IHC
               mailing list
             <farmall at lists.an
             tique-tractor.com

Carl, while redoing an F-12 several years ago one of the guages was clouded
up bad and had some rust in the inside.  Took a tiny jewelers screwdriver
and started working, from the back of the guage, the pressed-on flange
holding the guage glass.  It was fairly soft metal & the edge turned up
easily.  Took a lot of time and care not to crinkle the back edge of the
ring as it came off, but managed to save the old guage.  New is most always
easier, but I like to save all the old/original items possible. Time and
money are the variables, as with most things in life.
Good luck.
H. Fry, Southeast Georgia
..another day in paradise..