[AT] Veterans day

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Fri Nov 11 15:16:47 PST 2005

Good Afternoon, My Father,too, crossed the Rhine. He was in the 5th and 7th
Armies. The only time in the history of the USA, that a group of men have
been assigned to 2 Armies. Dad took the flag on the SS headquarters on the
Rhine. It is a HUGE flag ,edged in black with SS on the corner. Yes, Dad
landed on the southern tip of Africa, marched the entire length of Africa,
into Sicily, to the toe of Italy. Then to France, to Germany. Then back to
France. He was the 3rd Liberator to walk through the gates of Auswich. Once
when he was drunk, he told me of the rendering vats there, for rendering
what fat remained in the Jews' bodies. He said that the "oil" was used for
lamp lights. He was indeed a hero. Unsung to world, but never to me.
Everything that he experienced during the war helped to make him an
alcoholic. But for the 43 years that God let me have this wonderful man as
my father, he was nothing short of gentle.

                                      In Loving memory of Clarence Albers,
                                                        Kathy Klemme
                                                  His only Daughter