[Farmall] "Vintage" Tractor Crawl in New Zealand

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 05:34:50 PST 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 8:10 AM, Mike Sloane wrote:

>  I give those fellows a lot of credit - I am reluctant to drive any
> of my tractors even a mile on our local roads!

And I wouldn't want to drive anything at tractor speed 1000 km. About
the furthest I ever drove a farm machinery was a little over 100
miles on a poorly running, home made self propelled New Holland hay
baler that our company had traded in. That was a looooooooooong trip
on the main road in the South Island of New Zealand, especially on
sections of straight road that took half an hour  just to get to the
next curve.

And I doubt my 1950 Cub would even go 1000 km (a bit over 620 miles)
without something going wrong LOL.

Roger