[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Blake blake at little-mountain.com
Tue Nov 8 07:22:50 PST 2005

How big is the hole in the top of the boiler? I recall your water
lines are 1/2" - is that right? I'm hoping the hole in the top is
larger than 1/2" pipe so you can use a high pressure bushing. You
may be able to find a busing with female threads from both sides
inside the bushing, or make something up. I think you could weld
an extension pipe to the bottom of the bushing, extending down
into the boiler. The welded pipe would not interfere with the
outside piping and would not be subject to pressure, so there
should be no problem with codes, etc. and no one will know it
anyway. Just make sure you are a decent welder and use schedule 80
pipe. I like to use 2000 psi steel fittings too. They are very
strong and easy to weld. Don't use cast iron or ductile iron
fittings for this.

I hope this helps. This is how I would do it.

Blake