[Farmall] engine?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 15:26:36 PST 2005

There was a picture on my 2004 Farmall calendar of a WWII era IH
airplane "tug". If you anyone would like me to scan it in, I can do that
and send it out as an Email attachment.

Mike

Ferg8n9n at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/7/2005 7:59:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> mikesloane at verizon.net writes:
>
> If you  can give us the casting number on the block, we may be able to
> determine  if it is a C-113 or C-123 engine. These were used on the
> Farmall A, B, C  series tractors and the later 100, 200 series
> descendants, as well as  being sold as power units for various machinery.
> Chances are good that,  with yellow paint and a dipstick, it may be a
> power unit. (Another clue is  if the dipstick is marked "running" on one
> side and "stopped" on the other  - some power units could not be stopped
> to check the oil, irrigation pumps  being one example, so there were two
> different sets of marks on the  dipstick.)
>

> this engine came from a small tractor, maybe military surplus, no dropped
> axels
> I get a lot of air force type stuff from the 40s on  up

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths
or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas
or goals are in doubt. -Robert T. Pirsig, author and philosopher (1928-)