[Farmall] engine?

Ferg8n9n at aol.com Ferg8n9n at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 14:45:51 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/7/2005 7:59:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,
mikesloane at verizon.net writes:

If you  can give us the casting number on the block, we may be able to
determine  if it is a C-113 or C-123 engine. These were used on the
Farmall A, B, C  series tractors and the later 100, 200 series
descendants, as well as  being sold as power units for various machinery.
Chances are good that,  with yellow paint and a dipstick, it may be a
power unit. (Another clue is  if the dipstick is marked "running" on one
side and "stopped" on the other  - some power units could not be stopped
to check the oil, irrigation pumps  being one example, so there were two
different sets of marks on the  dipstick.)

this engine came from a small tractor, maybe military surplus, no dropped
axels
I get a lot of air force type stuff from the 40s on  up