[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Sat Nov 5 17:21:48 PST 2005

Based on the principal that the injector works, my guess is it should
work just the same if the port is above the water line though i've never
tried it. I use 2 injectors and also have a hookup for a feedwater pump
incase it would be needed. I've been pretty lucky, i've not had any
problems with either injector except for getting hot from time to time,
but I can usually pull off the feedwater hose, open the steam valve and
let it suck a little air and then put the hose back on and then it takes
off, but you have to do it for just the right amount of time and not open
the steam valve fully otherwise it will get hotter... I usually like to
keep the water level toped off, that way i'm not dumping alot of water in
at once, which does cool it down, and also causes some stress on the
boiler, but you can keep better control that way. My injector port is
about mid-way near the bottom of the barrel on a traction engine boiler.
I also put 3 marks on my sight glass, the top 2 would be the operating
range and the lower one is the lowest point the water can be and still be
safe. They are for reference.
Andrew.

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com