[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Nov 5 15:11:50 PST 2005

> Rick
>
>   Usually the steam supply is from the highest port you can find on  the
> boiler. The injection point can vary from midway on the boiler to near the
> bottom. I don't think I have seen one teed int the trycock? I'm not sure
> if an
> injector will work if it is injecting above the water level but it might?
> I have
> mine teed int a 1" port near the bottom. I have a blow down valve there
> and
> a half inch blowdown on the other side of the boiler as well. Seems to
> work
> fine for me.

Ok Charlie.  I have the top port 1/2".  I will have to find out about
hooking up the injector to the bottom 1" port.  Maybe he meant he didn't
want cold duplex pump water injected down at the bottom.  Would be
interesting to see a preheater that someone may have on a stationary.  I
also have 1/2" port ,,180 out from the 1"...there are no ports in the middle
except for the three trycocks.

>   I have two half inch injector feeding from the same steam line and
> feeding
> water in the same injection line. Each has its own steam valve and check
> valve. One is a low pressure and one is a standard. They work well and
> even work
> tandem if you wish to inject that much water at once. I like having a back
> up
>  injector. I will send you picture off the list.

So I need a checkvalve per injector with handvalve?

Nice pix's..will study them some more.
Rick