[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 13:44:05 PST 2005

Rick

  Usually the steam supply is from the highest port you can find on  the
boiler. The injection point can vary from midway on the boiler to near the
bottom. I don't think I have seen one teed int the trycock? I'm not sure if an
injector will work if it is injecting above the water level but it might?   I have
mine teed int a 1" port near the bottom. I have a blow down valve there  and
a half inch blowdown on the other side of the boiler as well. Seems to work
fine for me.

  I have two half inch injector feeding from the same steam line and  feeding
water in the same injection line. Each has its own steam valve and check
valve. One is a low pressure and one is a standard. They work well and even work
tandem if you wish to inject that much water at once. I like having a back up
 injector. I will send you picture off the list.

Charlie