[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 21, Issue 2

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 2 11:09:33 PST 2005

Yes.. and i agree with you.  i think the tractor operator made a foolish
judgement call about toting a load of kids at night on a highway..
However.. i think the truck driver is the one that should bare
99.9999999999% of the blame.. if he was DUI.

As for a tractor at night with lamps and signs.. I would thiat is more
'normal'.  i live in a slightly rural community, and at least once a week
find myself behind a tractor  coming/ going to work.  I also drive my
tractor down the road.. including a short piece of a 5 lane, coming / going
to my field to mow.  Though i try to plan my mowing early.. It does happen
every now and then that I am driving back at dusk.. or in 'dark' driving
rain.

I have OEM headlamps, and flashers on my tractor plus a 'high' mounted SMV
plaque.. and my brushhog has 2 SMV plaques mounted on it.. one at each edge
to show drivers where the edges of the mower are.. etc.

I figure if they can't see that.. they should not be driving anyway..

Soundguy