[AJD] What a day - Galloping idle - Backfires

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue May 31 21:30:44 PDT 2005

LeRoy:

I suspect that you simply may just have the carburetor adjustments out of
whack.  The idle adjust must be done at low RPM and the load adjustment
needs to be done only under load. I would suggest you check the operator's
manual and determine what nominal settings are for the two needles. Set them
there and see what happens.

The other possibility is that you have some dirt in the orifices that are
messing things up. Then the carburetor may have to come off and blown clean.
Now if the fuel has gelled then you have a bigger issue to deal with.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com