[Steam-engine] Make your own Iron Castings!!

Terry Welch ksw001 at pensys.com
Mon May 30 05:24:33 PDT 2005

It is a great idea. Our local High School used to have a casting class until
they got the current shop teacher. He wanted no part of it and wanted to get rid
of the whole system including patterns. At this point the school said "NO" and
it is all still there. I took class up there from the Jr College and we got to
cast a lot of items. But sadly the teacher that did that is now retired. So the
foundry sets idle. I think a couple of the other Jr Colleges here is Wisc. do
offer casting classes.  I was going to look into it this fall.
Rick, I am going to be going through Youngstown at the end of June. Any chance
for a tour of the Tod Project then?
Terry Welch