[Farmall] Question about drive shaft wear

Ed Gillliland egilliland at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 24 19:30:20 PDT 2005

I am restoring a 1950 Farmall H.  I have a question about the fit of the drive shaft to the carrier bearing in the flywheel.  I have what appears to be a very loose fit ; looks like about .040 inch difference between the diameter of the drive shaft and the inside diameter of the bearing where they mate together.  The drive shaft appears to be worn in that area.  Do I have a problem that must be fixed?

Would appreciate any help that you guys can give.  Thanks.

Ed Gilliland

egilliland at sbcglobal.net