[AT] Rockol tractor?

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon May 23 06:26:18 PDT 2005

On 22 May 2005 at 12:57, Ralph Goff wrote:

> George if I had the time I would search through some of my old tractor and
> equipment magazines from the late 40s as the name Custom and Regal do seem
> familiar to me. I'd suspect this Rockol might have been built in Canada
> seeing as how it is located on a farm up this way. I see theres a picture of
> one in the ATIS gallery too.
> But the sun is shining and after the rain it looks like I need to do some
> serious grass cutting.

	Here is a link to a discussion that has a couple of close pics and at the bottom it list
a few of the several names these were sold under (you will have to copy & paste the long
URL)
http://groups.msn.com/silverkingplymouthtractorsite/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=
0&ID_Message=182&LastModified=4675440490526692250
	I understand that it was not uncommon (but we are not talking big numbers here) for
farmers to buy these without an engine and install one they had. While they were made
here this has never been a hotbed of Custom tractors. It appears that they may have been
more common in other areas due to differences in marketing. I think there was also a
factor like the one about "experts"... Here a knowledgeable local person is usually
ignored but the village idiot from two towns away is called an "out of town expert" and
is very well paid as a "consultant". They may not have sold well here "because" they were
local...
	I have sworn to own one some day but any I could afford would likely be in pretty tough
shape.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA