[AJD] Styled AR Production Numbers

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri May 20 21:24:06 PDT 2005

LeRoy/Chris:

There is quite a difference in price and location between the two tractors.
The one on YTMag is fairly complete and running. By the time Chris got it to
Washington state it would be an over $3,000 tractor. With what Chris is
starting with he can buy one heck of a lot parts and still end up with a
much lower cost tractor. Plus have all the fun of making one whole again.

The only reason Chris got to have this tractor to play with is I don't have
room for it or I would have bought it. If Chris gets lucky on some parts he
will have a very low cost Styled AR. However, if I would have bought it I
would have had to finish parting it out. Not because it isn't worth
restoring. I just have way too many other projects to complete and no place
to put it. I would have been instant toast as well! :-)

However, another low cost styled AR parts tractor with needed parts would be
a big, big help. The AR and A have a lot of common engine parts. Most of the
engine parts should be quite easy to find. The radiator frame area and nose
grill is unique to the AR and is going to be the toughest part.

I just looked up production numbers in JR's styled letter series book and he
lists Styled AR production at:

AR Gasoline = 9,900
AR All Fuel =   520

Maybe one of 2 to 3,000 1950 AR's. Unfortunately Chris's AR is a not an All
Fuel version.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door