[AT] Wright saw (OT)

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 6 19:44:44 PDT 2005

My father bought a Wright saw perhaps a few years before yours.  What I find
interesting is that ours ( I still have it) does not have a clutch.  It was
driven directly from the piston without a clutch.  I will look for the model
# tomorrow. I last had it fired up at least 10 years ago.  It would probably
run if the carb isn't too messed up.  If there is a lot of cutting to be
done, chain saws are a lot more efficient, but at the time they worked quite
well as a carpentry saw and saw quite a bit of work in barn repairs and the
like where larger dimension lumber was needed.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H
Simplicity 3112 & 7116